Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sea-Sickness (Part Three)

If you're following my itinerary, you'd know that I've actually just left Japan, and I'm on my way on the long trek across the Pacific Ocean back to the United States. For all intents and purposes, my international journey is pretty much over, and we only have a few more weeks of finishing up the classes for the semester and preparing for finals. It's pretty sad to think about this all being over, but I'm definitely ready to be back to be back on land and be at home.

On that note, the day after Japan was a nightmare. I was awake for three hours at most because I was bedridden from the rolling waves outside. I'm sure it was a combination of not being forewarned of the tumultuous waves and not being in transit on the ship for more than two days in the past month or so that eventually led to this pretty horrible fate. No vomming this time, which is a plus. However, all my crap is all over my cabin floor, and I was basically rendered unconscious for a large portion of time.

However, after being strongly medicated, I feel just about alright, and I hope that the seas become calm sooner rather than later. I can only hope to make-up all the past entries that I have yet to write (Hong Kong, mainland China, and Japan) before we arrive to Hawaii as well as write/post a few other things (my Global Studies paper and some "in-the-grand-scheme-of-life" type entries) at some point thereafter. In just two and a half weeks, the ship will be docking in San Diego, and it will be home at last for this traveller.

Peace out, cub scouts, and stay tuned for a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment