Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shoe-Mester at Sea: The Video




Here is is... the moment you've all been waiting for: the video.
There's so much more to it that this tiny description, but I want to keep it quaint for now.

Packed in my suitcase for the Semester at Sea Spring 2012 Voyage was a pair of brand-spankin'-new natural canvas Toms. In order to chronicle my circumnavigation, I wore the shoes and took numerous photos in each destination which depict the state of the shoes on my feet as well as the location where those feet standing. This slideshow is a montage to give you all a look at what it was like to truly walk in my shoes.

This project has been both a blessing and a curse, and I'd have it no other way. I am so proud of the outcome of this project, and I am even more content in the way I see the world as a result. The world is full of beautiful things, but we tend to overlook them... especially if they're on the ground. Our true connection to the earth is through our feet. We tend to hear all the time that we need to leave our footprint on the world, but more importantly: how is the world leaving its mark on us? I think it's quite evident through my shoes that the world has made a lasting imprint on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment